Tuesday, September 6, 2011

House Star Hugh Laurie: Lisa Edelstein's Departure Was "A Great Shock"

Lisa Edelstein and Hugh Laurie Think you were surprised by House star Lisa Edelstein's sudden exit? Hugh Laurie says even he didn't know it was coming. "[Lisa's departure] came out of left field in my world too," Laurie told Zap2It. "I don't know who was privy to what at what time, but it was a great shock to me and everyone obviously misses her very greatly. Not only was she a great asset to the show as a performer, but we also just miss her company, because she is an absolute hoot to have around. She has been snapped up by another show and damn right, they'd be nuts not to. I hope she is having a great time, and I am sure she is." Fall TV First Look: Lisa Edelstein on The Good Wife Since leaving, Edelstein, who played House's boss and love interest Cuddy, has booked a four-episode arc on CBS' hit drama The Good Wife. As for the future of his long-running Fox drama, Laurie says it's still up in the air. "Nobody has pounded the table and said, 'Dammit, this is the last, and I'll see you all in court!' We're all enjoying what we're doing and proud of it. I think that's the main thing. As long as... it's a worthy endeavor, that's its own reward. I have a feeling that we'll all know come February or so, whether this is something that we should be going on with or not." House's season premiere airs Monday, Oct. 3 at 9/8c on Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment